Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 2:02 PM
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Um.. "The Bachelorette" starts tomorrow.
Need I say more??
And, after tomorrow is over? Only 3 more Mondays left in the school year. Amazing. I'm dealing with lots of school drama on a daily basis so the "Sunday Night Blues" are REALLY bad these days. If you're a teacher, you know what I mean about those Sunday Night Blues. Where everyone around you comments on how you're suddenly quieter, or you seem on edge. And it's all because you don't want to go back to school on Monday. Add in a splash of an anxiety disorder and Sunday nights can be torture.
But then I remember... 15 days left of school until Summer. I CAN do this!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 12:37 PM
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 1:20 PM
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Had a great math lesson today with the kiddos. They loved it so much that I heard at least two kids say, "Man... I hate that math is over!"
We worked in partners (always a struggle with students with emotional impairments, they don't work well with others) and really were able to use math language to talk about what we were doing. I was SO proud of them for working so hard.
It's too bad I have to teach other subjects. I really DO love math.
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 7:49 AM
Monday, May 10, 2010
There are two life tasks that I cannot stand doing.
1) pumping gas
2) grocery shopping-- well, not the shopping part but the grocery store part of it. I love shopping I just can't stand the grocery store. That's why I'm thinking of starting to shop at our Super Target. I love Tar-Jay but not so much the buying groceries. Except, I'm afraid I would end up trying to reward myself for grocery shopping and I'd end up spending more and that wouldn't really help me out.
I've done both of them today.
At least I did both of them on the same day, that way it's not two days of dreaded tasks. Just one. Just one that has double the dread.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
I'm feeling a wee bit overwhelmed right now, so I'm thinking bullets are totally appropriate.
- I was asked to be a guest blogger over at Seasoned with Words!! I'm totally excited and feel so honored that she asked me. I'm also feeling a bit anxious... what if her readers don't want to read what I have to say? What if I'm not nearly as witty as I usually am? Eeks!
- My eye doctor was wearing a Three Stooges tie. Seriously, who can take a man seriously when he's wearing Larry, Moe, and Curly on his tie? I about choked when I saw him walk in.
- I'm a little worried about Mother's Day coming up. It will be my mom's first Mother's Day without her mother and I won't be there. I can't imagine a Mother's Day without my mom, so I can't begin to understand how sad this day will be for her.
- I've been feeling a little under the weather lately, so my abs are really sore from coughing. Who knew coughing could be such a workout?
- I'm trying to be a better teacher and using some other strategies with my kids. They are LOVING the alternative assessments and our open conversations about text. I thought they might be bored hearing eachother talk, but it turns out.. they are learning more while I'm talking less! I love hearing their thinking.
- One of my struggling readers came up to me today and said, "Ms. L, I don't think I need your help reading today. I know how to read now." What an awesome feeling. He continues to need intensive interventions for reading, but to hear his confidence made my heart smile.
- A kid called me out for faking it today when I told him that I loved it when he frowned at me. He replied, "You're faking it! You don't love it!" and one of the other students said, "Ms. L doesn't lie and she would never fake it!" Bahahaha! They have no idea that I fake it quite often. But they'll never know!