Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 1:24 PM
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
After Ashley questioned my whereabouts, I'm back. Just for her. Hopefully she played along, too.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Just a few random thoughts this evening.
Little Old Man: You know what? If you looked up w w w . your school sucks . com, your picture would show up!
Little Old Man: Yeah! Your picture would show up because you make this school suck.
Me: I can tell you're pretty angry, buddy. What is this all about?
Little Old Man: You let HIM sit by you!
Apparently I suck because I let another kid sit by me. Wow.
And.. I can't even believe I'm admitting this to you all. I've been sucked in. Bitten by a certain series. (Do you get the pun?!) Yes, Stephanie Meyer has made me a convert. I swore I'd never fall for these books. Vampires? Psh. Yeah right. And then, I made a promise to the cuz. I promised her I'd read just one. She promised if I hated it, I had every right to make fun of her, but I couldn't make fun of anyone if I hadn't read them myself. Then it happened. I began reading and now I can't stop.
I read the first one in a week (it only took that long because I actually had things to do, like work). I'm now really angry that I have to wait until tomorrow to get "New Moon".
Sigh. Life is tough.
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 12:13 PM
Saturday, September 18, 2010
1. What kind of hair(color/cut) have you always wanted but never had the nerve to do it?
I've always wanted brunette hair. I love brunette's with light eyes and fair skin (which I possess, duh!). Every time I go to the salon to get it done, the stylists talk me out of it. They say my skin is perfect for blonde. I would LOVE to go brunette with a cute bob or long curls.
2. If you haven't been/or could do it over, where would/did you go on your honeymoon?
Well.. the ex and I didn't have a honeymoon, as we were married in Aruba. So it served as our wedding/honeymoon that happened to include our closest family and friends. I'm still pro-marriage (as long as it's the right person, duh!) so I'm hoping to get a do over. I would LOVE to go to Greece or any Caribbean island.
3. What is your dream car?
If we're being realistic, I'd love a Jetta. If we're talking true dream car, I'd love nothing more than to rock a 1964 1/2 Red Mustang Convertible.
4. If you would move anywhere in the world where would you go?
Germany. I LOVED living there before and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Except this time I'd live off post and within walking distance to a quaint little downtown.
5. What famous lady would you love to be or be bff with?
I'd have to go with Jennifer Aniston. She seems so chill and down to earth. Plus, she's super adorable.
6. What colors did you do or do you want to do for your wedding?
Black/hot pink. The ladies wore black dresses with pink flowers and the men wore black tuxes with hot pink vests/ties.
7. What trashy reality show are you embarrassingly addicted to?
Which one? All of them. I love me some reality shows. Bring on The Bachelor/ette, Bachelor Pad, Real World, any of the Real World Challenges, Keeping up with the Kardashians, and many more.
8. Do you you remember your first kiss? How old were you and how awkward was it?
I honestly cannot remember. It obviously was pretty lame.
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper chips. Mmmmmmmm!
10. What is your favorite chick flick?
I despise watching movies more than once, but I do love me some Sweet Home Alabama and Pretty Woman.
11. What is your favorite beverage?
Alcoholic? A nice glass of white wine, preferably a Riesling or pinot grigio.
Non Alcoholic? Diet Pepsi or water with lemon.
12. What is your theme song?
Definitely something by Britney Spears. Probably "Oops! I Did it Again!" but not like the lyrics go. Mainly because I'm constantly doing something I shouldn't.
13. Who is your style icon?
Jennifer Aniston. I love how she rocks classic with a twist.
14. When was the last time you cried and why?
Yesterday. I have a lot going on and I was just super-stressed. Maryland BFF is pregnant and hormonal, so she was crying too. I'm a fan of crying to release your feelings. It's amazing how a good cry can actually make you feel better.
15. What playlist/cd is on your CD player/iPod right now?
I'm totally rocking out to Jack Johnson. Ironically, I knew nothing about him until someone posted a video a few weeks ago. Basically, I heart him now.
16. What is your favorite dessert?
Turtle Cheesecake, dripping in caramel. Mmmm.
Little Daisy May
and anyone else who wants to play!
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
I think we all have one trait/quality that is a little less endearing than the other wonderful qualities we possess.
My fatal flaw?
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
1. Favorite way to travel (plane, train, automobile, etc.)
I enjoy traveling by plane. There's just something about being up in the clouds and the excitement of reaching your destination.
2. Where’s your favorite place to travel to that you’ve been to?
I really enjoyed Germany. The food, beer, and sights were amazing.
3. Where’s the place that you want to go but have never been?
I would LOVE to go to Australia, Iceland, and Greece. I'm hoping I can cross those off my list before I leave this world.
4. Do you deal with traffic well?
I live in the metro DC/Baltimore area. I don't much have a choice. However, when people are driving slowly in Michigan, I tend to "talk" to them. And by talk.. I mean scream and shout.
5. Ever had an emergency while traveling?
Can't say that I have. Let's hope I never do. You know how I freak out with emergencies.
6. Do you have a passport? What countries have you been to?
I do! In fact, I just sent out for a new one for my trip to Punta Cana. I've visited Aruba, Mexico, Germany, Czech Republic, France, Italy, and Egypt. Thank goodness for studying abroad. I'm so jealous of people who have more stamps in their passport book.
7. Are you’ve light packer or do you pack everything but the kitchen sink?
I'm somewhere in between. Having had to carry around a backpack while in Europe, I learned to pack lightly. However, I do love me some clothes and I never know what I'll want to wear on vacation, so I pack more than I need.
8. Do you take the fastest route or the road less traveled?
Depends. In life, generally the fastest route.
9. Do any activities on the road? (like road games, reading, sleeping, etc. )
If I'm on the plane, read. In a car I get car sick if I read, so I tend to sleep or chit chat. I also enjoy jamming out in the car on a long road trip. Or listen to a book on tape. Yes, I'm a nerd.
10. Use a paper map or GPS?
GPS. There is no way I'd a) understand a paper map under pressure or b) be able to drive and navigate at the same time. Thank goodness for GPS that tells you when to turn!
It's almost always funny when someone trips. It's even funnier when it's your dog. And she barks at the step, as if to say, "Dude.. what the? Get out of my way!"
Monday, September 13, 2010
I'm pretty sure I'm overly exhausted, but I just cried hysterically on the phone with my mother because my camera is broken. In my defense, though, it was a gift from my grandmother and she has since passed. It was a wedding gift, so on top of being sad that my camera broke and that it was going to cost me at least $150, I was also reminded that I have a failed marriage under my belt.
While I'm normally able to handle the flood of emotions that often come when you are grieving the loss of a marriage, it's almost crippling when you attempt to handle the grieving that comes along with a grandmother who has passed away. And to be completely honest with you, I'm not sure I've actually handled that grief. Unfortunately, she passed while the emotions were still very raw with the divorce. While I was okay handling one loss, two was not possible. It's only been recently that I've actually been able to come to terms with my grandmother's passing, which was difficult because she was the last grandparent and she passed while in the care of hospice. If you've ever gone through that, you understand the trauma that comes with it.
Combining the two at 9:30 at night? Not so good.
I'm going to run to bed. Thankfully, I have the day off tomorrow. Somehow I think those ice cream snickers I bought tonight, for no apparent reason, might come in handy. And, I had to buy a new duvet cover because Zoey ate M&M's on it and stained it. So at least I'll have ice cream snickers and a new duvet cover to cuddle with. Oh and Zoey. If I take her off my sh!t list.
Kids...really do say the darndest things! I had 4 kids absent today, leaving me with only 3 friends to hang out with. When you're not constantly battling behaviors and correcting students on a regular basis, you actually have time to talk to kids or listen to conversations they are having with
Convo with little miss diva, or little miss drama queen...
Lil Miss Diva: I have a lot of motto's.
Me: Motto's or models?
Lil Miss Diva: Motto's. Words to live by.
Me: Really? Like what?
Lil Miss Diva: Never, ever trust a talking cat.
Overheard.. and it should be noted that this little guy wasn't talking to anyone in particular. Just himself.
Wow! This glue stick is purple, but when it melts it disappears. I can't even see it! It's like an imaginary friend. You know it's there, but you just...can't...see... it. We'll call it Imaginary Glue Friend. We'll be best friends forever. Forever. You and me, Mr. Imaginary Glue Friend.
That's how I spend my days. Talking about talking cats and imaginary glue friends. Oi vey.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
If you know me in real life, you know I'm a little crazy. Not I'm-going-to-kill-someone crazy, but a wee bit neurotic. As in, I like to have things a certain way. And if it isn't that way? Watch out.
Ashley over at Ashley's Antics (who is a real life friend, btw) may have called me out for numero uno on the list of neurotic things that I do. Of course, it was all in fun. So, I thought it might be good for me to come out of the closet with some of my neurotic things just to see if others do them. You know, to see if I have some friends out there who might just actually join me on the crazy train.
So, without further adieu.. here's the crazy baggage I carry.
- I make my bed every day. Every day. I can't leave the house without it being made. I have been known to come back in the house after realizing I didn't make the bed. Knowing full well I wouldn't be able to function at work with my bed unmade.
- I pick out my clothes (and jewelry and shoes) the night before. I often try on the outfit before going to bed just to make sure it fits, matches, and is appropriate for the occasion. I don't do this on the weekends, though.
- I change my sheets once a week. It usually occurs on Sunday. I have also been known to freak out a little bit if I have to change the sheets in the middle of the week. Or even on Saturday. Even if that happens, I still change them on Sunday.
- I cannot stand clean clothes touching the ground. I don't care how clean the carpets/floors are. The laundry item that touches the floor will go straight into the laundry basket to be re-washed.
- I have irrational fears about emergencies happening. Whenever I'm in public, I have to know where the closest emergency exit is located. I have had full on panic attacks when I realize there are too many people in the public place and we may not all make it out alive if an emergency happens. In my defense, I was once in an emergency when the only exit was an elevator that was being used by too many people and the medics were unable to reach us in a timely fashion and we were unable to get to the ambulance in a timely fashion.
- I freak out when I cannot reach members of my family. I often call through the chain of family/friends until I reach someone who can confirm that my family members are safe. Thankfully my family knows this and they humor me every time I do it. Which is at least once a week. I think this might have something to do with the irrational fears about emergencies.
But, I'm pretty sure crazy is a sign of intelligence. Seriously. I'm a really smart woman, I just have some tendency towards the crazy.
She's not spoiled or anything. Not at all.
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 5:21 PM
Friday, September 10, 2010
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 7:47 AM
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Little dude: Hey, kids! Be quiet.
Little Old Lady: Kid? Who you calling kid?
Little dude: You.
Little Old Lady: I'm not a goat! I'm not a goat!
Little dude: Huh?
Little Old Lady: A baby goat is a kid. You kids don't know anything. I want outta this place.
Touche, my friend. Touche.
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 10:33 PM
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Flying with a head cold is by far one of the worst things ever. I think it should be used as corporal punishment, it's that bad. There was not a single moment on the 2 hour flight that I was comfortable.
On a positive note, I had an awesome weekend celebrating the wedding of a great friend and her super-awesome husband! I suppose the 2 hours of torture was worth it.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
It's my first time playing "What I Wore Wednesday"... Thanks to Abby over at Babbling Abby, via the Pleated Poppy.
I only started taking pictures on Monday, so I don't have an entire week. And.. taking pictures of yourself is mighty hard to do.
Posted by Kids, Canines, and Chaos at 5:40 PM