Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Updates, etc.

Wow! So much has gone on so far this week. So, we're going bullet-style.

  • Ya'll! I got a SMARTBOARD for my classroom. I'm so pumped. Thankfully I already know how to use it and I have some friends who gave me lots of tools to get me started. My goal is to do a vast majority of my teaching with it. Yay!
  • I moved in the middle of a hurricane. We're talking soggy boxes and all. The Boy was super generous and paid for movers, so I didn't get that wet. Those poor movers did, though. And, did you know they strapped on my dresser (drawers and all!) on their back and carried it up and down stairs? I was impressed. Movers definitely made it 100x easier.
  • Mommy came to visit. Moving with Mommy made things 10x easier-- she helped box up, unpack, rearrange, and decorate. Aren't Mommies wonderful?
  • We had two days off this week due to power outages (Thank you, Irene!) and I was not affected, so the two days off were fun-filled with the roomie.
  • Roomie has a puppy. Puppies are the devil. Of that I'm sure. Remind me why I thought this was a good idea?! For the love of everything holy, if I have to hear wrestle mania all evening, I'm might just jump off a cliff. Fortunately Zoey grows tired of the playing and whips the little pup into shape.
  • Speaking of whipping into shape, I just looked up and Zoey was...well... uh... riding the pup. Oi vey.
Now I'm off to prepare lessons for tomorrow-- of course all of my plans have to be updated with the new addition to the classroom!

1 comments:

LWLH said...

Sounds like you've been a busy gal! :) Hopefully settling into your new place is going good! :)