Thursday, September 3, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...

Being away from my kids for a few days this week made me forget just how hilarious 7 year olds can be.

Today during our read-aloud, the kids were all sitting nicely (that doesn't happen often, you know...) on the carpet. One little guy leans over and lets one rip. Knowing that 7 year olds are so very immature, I ignored it and kept teaching. I then see one student after another covering their noses. Then it hits me. The smell. The horrible, rotten, disturbing smell of a child who has.. ahem.. let out a little gas.

Stifling my laughter (because really, toots are that funny), I quietly ask the student if, perhaps, he would like to go to the bathroom.

Me: "Do you think you need to go to the bathroom?"

Student: "Huh?"

Me: "Do you think you need to go potty?"

Little Miss Drama Queen: "Too late, I think he already did..."

I could not contain my laughter at this point. I had to raise the book to my face to cover the huge grin on my face.

And, later on in the day my exasperation had finally caught up to me when I said to a student, "Come on, dude... really?" His response? "You don't like it when I call you dude, so why did you call me dude?" Touche my friend, touche. No more dude. At least to your face.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahha... that's hilarious. I always love your stories about the kiddos. It's never a dull moment.