Monday, September 28, 2009

Wow..

I heart days off.

Today I accomplished SO much and I actually feel rejuvenated. I had a wonderful weekend with my mom and her best friend (girls weekend!) up in Pittsburgh, so I was really thinking I wouldn't get much done today. Boy was I wrong!

I found something that actually motivates me to clean! Books on tape. I LOVE to read, but reading often means that I'm pretty lazy because I want to finish the book. Instead, if it's being read to me, I have to find something else to do because I can't just sit and have it read to me. I cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, folded 4 loads of laundry, swept and mopped.

I also think I'm going to start having a evening schedule for each night. I'm SUCH a routine-oriented person, so instead of having the routine of coming home and cooking dinner and vegging out, I'm going to come home, walk the dogs, cook dinner, and then tidy one room of the house. That way I'm not stuck doing it on my day off or the weekends.

How do you ladies keep up on the housework? It's never-ending.. I swear.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, sistah...my house gets to the point where I honestly believe that if the giant dustbunnies could hold a mop they could clean it themselves. Maybe someday that dream will come true...until then, my house will look as if it was ransacked by grimy theives. Should you ever move back to the Mitten, you can whip me into shape with this delirious little cleaning schedule you keep. :)

LWLH said...

I hear you!
I spent my day off yesterday doing laundry, vacuuming, dusting, organizing etc.