Monday, September 14, 2009

Beautiful?

Today during work time, the kids were working hard so I walked over to check my email quickly. As I was walking back, I heard one kid tell another, "Shut up you b@stard!". Not knowing the circumstances, I immediately sent him back to his seat and moved his clip (behavior management tool in our school). When I went to talk it over with him, I asked him why he would call a friend that and reminded him that we only use velvet words in our classroom and the word he said was not a velvet word.

His response? "He told me you weren't the most beautiful-est teacher in the world. So I told him he was a b@stard."

Do you know how hard it is to discipline a child when you're laughing so hard you're crying?

He was really ready to throw down because his classmate didn't think I was the most beautiful-est teacher in the world.

Glad to know he thinks I'm beautiful.

4 comments:

~M~ said...

AW! The lil' man stood up for you :)

Beth Dunn said...

that is so sweet! xoxo

Lori's Mom said...

Kid's got great taste cuz I know you're the most beautiful-est teacher in the land (well, I suppose there's a slight possibility that I could be a little, teeny, tiny biased)!!

Love, Mom

LWLH said...

Lol....that is soo funny and soo sweet! :)