Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Master's Schmasters..

This semester just might be the death of me. I'm taking two classes. One of them is an online class. I thought it might be a little easier, I think I totally thought wrong.

It's FULL of online lectures, deadlines, assignments, and the dreaded group work. Seriously, as soon as I get a syllabus I scan for those two words. Nothing kills my desire for learning like group work. I think it might  have something to do with my type A+ personality. And by A+, I totally mean I have to be in control at all times. I desire perfection. A 98% is unacceptable. 100% perfection. I love it when professors ask if they can use my assignment as an example. Yes, please. That's the highest form of flattery for me.

Which is why group work sucks. There's always a slacker in the bunch. Or, even worse, someone who thinks their idea is better than mine. Um, hello? Not happening. I refuse to let my grade rest in someone else's hands.

This class has 5 group projects. Not only are they group projects, they are online. Which means I can't even bully them in person to get their crap together. Ugh.

But I'm 5 classes (3 after this semester!) from getting my master's. I can do it. I will do it.

I just might become an internet bully in the meantime.

One bonus? I get to do my course work in my pj's, drinking a glass of wine, and cuddling with the little white dog.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Group work makes me vomit--- EXCEPT when I'm working with people smarter than myself.

LWLH said...

Group work is the devil..I don't understand why they do it, I hate having to rely on other peoples.