Monday, February 28, 2011

Parenting 101

Parenting* (like any behavior modification/management) is all about follow through. If you're going to threaten it, you better be able to actually live up to your threats.

Which is why I'm not questioning my neighbor tonight. She threatened to throw her 8 year old son out of her house if he didn't start acting right. And she did. For approximately 5 minutes, homeboy was pounding on the door telling her he'd straighten up.

Way to go, neighbor.

You threatened, he challenged, you followed through. Nice work.

Now if you could only control his screaming at you at 9:30 at night when I'm trying to watch reality t.v., that would be greatly appreciated. Or convince my management company to do something about the thin walls..

*I'm not a parenting expert, obviously. I just calls it like I sees it.

2 comments:

LWLH said...

I would be flipping out....seriously that would be the day my kid would be screaming at me.

Stephanie said...

Go neighbor! That is awesome! Lol