Sunday, February 27, 2011

NYC

I'm finally coming down from my NYC high. Seriously, that place stole my heart. I wouldn't necessarily want to live there, but I did love visiting! Because I could give you a million details of the trip and I've been known to have the gift of gab, I'm going to do some pictures and give you a timeline of what we did.

Friday night, I arrived in late in the evening (after some delays, of course) looking as green as can be. Apparently the high winds and low altitude made for a bad mix for my tummy-- I was motion sick. I was so bad Jess even questioned my color. Got yelled at multiple times and genuinely wished I was back in the comfort of my own hometown. I was in so late that mommy was sleeping already.

Woke up early Saturday morning to do this...



Flying trapeze school! It was simply amazing. It was scary, challenging, and breathtaking. I loved every second of it! I even had the opportunity to do a catch-- basically, the things you see in a circus. A man on a different trapeze grabs you from your trapeze, and you swing together. Pure awesome-sauce.

Look at that! Amazing.

Saturday afternoon we wandered around, did some shopping and stopped by to check out the Statue of Liberty. I was super thrilled to see this. Jessica was, too.. but she was really cold. The winds were about 40-50 mph gusts.



That evening we wandered some more around Little Italy and ate at an amazing Italian restaurant. I believe it was Il Palazzo. I had some gnocchi. mmmmm. I heart pasta. I followed it up with some cannoli's at Ferrara's Cafe. Others enjoyed tarts, carrot cake, and chocolate cake. But I fell in love with cannoli's and what better place to enjoy them!

Afterwards, Jess and I enjoyed some drinks at the hotel bar. We attempted to solve all the world's problems.


Sunday morning, we wandered around looking for a breakfast place in Chinatown. Worst place to look for breakfast places. We found one, it was delish. It was not in Chinatown, though. We wandered some more, grabbed some scarves, jewelry, and purses.

Then we headed back to the hotel to get ready for...



Amazing. Simply Amazing. Wicked, on Broadway. Holy Batman, ya'll! I love musicals... this was simply spectacular for me. We saw the understudies for both Glenda and Alphaba, but they were amazing and I would never have known they were second best. I cried during intermission because of a mix of emotions. My dad and I had a love for musicals and I would have totally called him to explain the story and totally purchased the cd to belt out with him in the car. It was heartbreaking to realize he was gone.

After Wicked, we headed to another Italian restaurant for after show drinks and dinner with Mom, Jess, Jess's Mom, Jess's Brother, Jess's Brother's girlfriend. It was delish, as I'm sure you can imagine. Jessica and I walked around Time's Square and then headed back to the hotel.

Monday morning we woke up early and headed to a small diner to have some breakfast before we made our way to the airport. We wandered around Washington Square, took some pictures, and enjoyed one another before parting ways.


It was then we had to venture back to grab our bags and make our way to the airport. We parted ways, I had even more delays, so did Mom and Jess's Mom, but we all made it home safely. With lots of memories of a wonderful weekend full of good food, good times, lots of laughs, and great friends.

1 comments:

LWLH said...

What a fun time...I so want to go to NYC....soon hopefully