Sunday, March 7, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

Heading back to Maryland from Michigan in just a few moments. It's such a bittersweet thing to do. I heart my family but I don't necessarily heart Michigan. I love the fast-paced life in Maryland, but I love the slow-paced life in Michigan. I love my Maryland friends but I miss my Michigan friends.

Why can't Pennsylvania and Ohio just switch places with Maryland? That way I'd only be about 3 hours from my family.

And why can't I call Michigan or Maryland home? Isn't home where your heart is? Is that your physical heart or some metaphor? If it's a metaphor, I simply don't understand it. If it's my physical heart, how do I know where my heart belongs?

All of that rambling to say, I still don't know where home is and I may have to make a decision soon about moving back to Michigan at the end of the school year. So many choices. Even after a pro/con list (which I, of course, love making) I still can't see a clear winner. And my heart? It's not telling me anything. I can rest comfortably knowing that regardless of the choice I make, it will be the right choice simply because there is no wrong choice. It's not like having to choose to call a taxi or drive home after 9 beers. There is a clear wrong choice in that group. But choosing to stay in Maryland or move back to Michigan? Not really a wrong choice.

Here's to hoping I can make that choice...

3 comments:

LWLH said...

I'm feeling a little bit that way about leaving Florida...I love the face pace and atmosphere down here but I miss family in PA.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

LuncaddiniKip

mrs.stark said...

I finally got my blog sorted out. All of my followers were deleted though. So, if you still want to follow me, please do! Thanks!