Thursday, March 25, 2010

Typical Male..

We're having troubles with boy/girlfriends in my classroom. Yes, they are first and second graders, but they are from the 'hood... and definitely more mature than most 8 year olds. Therefore, I've tackled this situation like I tackle most life situations: with a sense of humor and loads of sarcasm.
 
As a result, my new line to my boys is, "The only girl you need in your life is me!"
 
One of my little guys responded by saying, "Ms. L, I don't love you but I like having you around." Typical male. Can't profess his love for a woman.
 
I spent all afternoon rolling my eyes at the irony of my situation.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

hahaha!

GUAMtastic said...

I love your stories. Seriously, hilarious!!!

Nat said...

Hahaha they never change!

LWLH said...

I'm sure that won't be the last time he'll say something along those lines! :)