Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Teacher Math...

6 kids* - 1 = huge sigh of relief
 
Just having one student absent makes the day that much better. For some reason, one student makes all the difference. And, it doesn't even matter which student it is. Yes, given my choice.. there would certainly be a student or two at the top of my list to be out, but these days, I'll take whatever I can get.
 
1 very caffeinated teacher + 5 Dr. Suess books = a word disaster
 
Fox in Socks came out with approximately 8,376 reading errors. Seriously, those words trip me up on a regular day. But after 2 cups of coffee and 1 diet pepsi, I was screwed. Good thing I turned it into a reading lesson and reminded my kids that we have to take time to let our brain catch up to our eyes so we know what words we are reading. Good catch. Good catch.
 
*For you other teachers out there, don't go being all jealous.. I teach 6 children who are emotionally disturbed in a self-contained classroom. Some days I'd give my right arm to trade my 6 for your 26, no matter how naughty they are.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Here's my math:

27 kids in my group at the Civil War Museum + no prep + no kid free lunch = 1 LONG day! :)

Kelly said...

At the beginning of the school year I had 25 kids...as of today I have 15. Where are they all going?! Thank goodness our enrollment is down because I really enjoy having a "small" class!