Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life IS Good...

Reasons why my life is good...

  • I have amazing friends. Seriously, my friends are awesome. Whether it be an email checking in on me, a shoulder to cry on, or someone to laugh at life with- I have it covered. While I sometimes may be critical of myself, my life, or the great state I live in.. I have made some amazing friends here in Maryland. Lifelong friends. One, in particular, is the true definition of a great friend.
  • My students. While they make my life extremely chaotic and sometimes make me want to say explitives, they truly are adorable and say the darndest things. "Ms. L, I LOVE science almost as much as I love you." Hello awesomeness! Kids who are excited about learning? Definite bonus.
  • I have the world's best job.
  • My family is extremely supportive without being suffocating. Mom lets me whine when I need to and tells me when I need to put on those big girl panties.
  • I have a second chance at love. Not that I'm ready to make that jump for obvious reasons, but knowing that I have another chance to love again makes me smile.
  • My friends have babies I get to enjoy and send back to their mama's when I want to!
  • I feel like me again. It took a while to realize the me I had always known was missing, but now that I have her back, I refuse to give her up for anyone or anything. I like me. The real me.
  • The power of positive thinking is truly amazing. Thinking positively makes your life positive.
  • I am smiling on a regular basis because my life is good.
  • I actually enjoy only answering to myself versus answering to a significant other. That's not to say that I don't want to get married ever again and share a life with someone, because I do, but when this first all went down, I was scared of being lonely. I hated being alone. I despised coming home to an empty house. Now I'm used to this lifestyle and I'm okay with it. I actually enjoy it. I am able to be me. I am making choices for ME and for nobody else.
Tell me friends, why is your life good?

3 comments:

LWLH said...

My life is good because I'm surrounded by the people I love who in turn love me for who I am! :)

Lori's Mom said...

Life is just as good as YOU make it! So glad that the real you is back. Love ya TONS!

Lori's Mom said...

And, Lori, remember when we were moving you? You asked what single people did on weekends? You have come a long way, baby!