Sunday, April 26, 2009

That's Odd...

I just got back from the grocery store (note: it's currently 9:40) and while I was there I noticed two different families with school-aged children out and about doing their shopping. I'm no rocket scientist or parenting guru, but I am a teacher, and I know that if you're doing grocery shopping at 9 something on a Sunday night, then your child will not go to bed at a decent hour. Sleepy children= headache for their teacher.

I'm not judging, even though it sounds like I might be, but I think it's just unhealthy for kids to be out and about that late. I know there are some children who do not require 10-12 hours of sleep a night, but the average child does need to be in bed or winding down from the day at 9 something at night.

On a lighter note, I did manage to make a fool of myself in the grocery store parking lot. As I was just reaching to get in the car, I used the remote to unlock the car. Unfortunately I pushed the panic button. The loud honking caused me to drop my keys. Under the car. I definitely had to climb under part of the car to grab the keys while the car was in full blown panic-mode. I think they call those a panic button because we all tend to panic when we hit it!

Blonde hair: 3, Lori: 0

1 comments:

LWLH said...

Lol....I hate when I do that on Big Mans truck...and yeah those kids should be in bed