Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Books...

I love reading. There's nothing more relaxing to me then grabbing a great book, snuggling on the couch with the pup or relaxing in the bathtub on a cold night, and diving right in to the pages. I love all books. Children's books (obviously.. I'm a teacher!), romance novels, books on education, textbooks, fiction, non-fiction, anything. I like books that make me think, books that don't make me think, and just about everything in between.



I'm just stuck right now. I can't seem to find a book OR an author I love. What books are you ladies reading?

7 comments:

~M~ said...

I like going to the library and picking out books with pink covers. They are usually pretty easy reads!

Ashley said...

Well, if you're going to order them online, most of my favorites are by Red Dress ink or press (can't remember).

I'm currently reading Mommywood (it's decent) and I'm about to read Unsweetined (yes, about loser Jodie Sweetin-- tragic, I know).

Have you read anything by Kristin Hannah? She's generally good.

Jenny said...

I loved The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It was simply a delightful book (and I don't know anyone who hasn't like it).

I just finished People of the Book and it was amazing (but a fairly exhausting read).

Jessis said...

Daisy May and the Miracle Man -- definitely a kids' book for now, although I think the character grows up in the book. But OMG is it funny. It's by Fannie May Flagg.

I agree with the Kristin Hannah comment.

Jessis said...

Make that Fannie Flagg, not Fannie May Flagg.

LWLH said...

I have no books I'm reading right now but let me know if you find some! :)

mrs.stark said...

I always recommend Jhumpa Lahiri. Especially her collection of short stories "Interpreter of Maladies." Another good book to escape into is Stardust by Neil Gaiman.