Monday, January 11, 2010

The One With the Urinal...

I promise, most days I love my job. Most days I think I have the world's best job. Some days, however, I want nothing more than to jump out the nearest window and never return. Today? A window day.

Exhibit A: One student pukes all over himself in our crisis room. He is then sent to get a change of clothes and then back to my classroom. He begins gagging, I grab a trash can, he pukes again. This begins a chain reaction of kids gagging and screaming, "I'm going to be sick!" Me, too. I can't really handle vomit. Pretty awesome.

Exhibit B: "Yo, Ms. L.. isn't it supposed to have two t's? You know, butt!" (rolls eyes...we've had this conversation before..) "Little Man, there are two different but's. One is the one we sit on, the other one we use when we're talking, like 'I like winter, but I hate snow'. One we can say in class and the other we can't." Wouldn't have been bad, except it caused a huge discussion about why we can't say but with two t's, as it's a body part not a cuss word. Oy vey.

Exhibit C: "Yo, Ms. L, my hair is all wet!" Um, Little Man, why is your hair all wet? "I don't know." Then my assistant walks in, shaking his head. Apparently Little Man decided to put his head in the urinal. I then told him I was going to have to write a note to his mother, as she would need to know his head was crawling with germs. He began throwing a huge fit about how I was the meanest person in the world.

Exhibit D: I had a huge meeting this AM and had no time for planning, so I was flying by the seat of my pants for a little while. Then? I forgot I'm out tomorrow for another meeting, meaning I have to write sub plans. Awesome. There goes all my planning time, which I need to begin planning the 8 week class I'm teaching before school to 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.

I suppose the bright spot is I don't have to hang out with germ-invested children tomorrow.

Really? Sticking your head in a urinal. Not cool.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I know this isn't funny to you, but it is hilarious to the rest of us.

I hope the rest of the week is much, much better!

Jamie said...

It seems like you never have a boring day! Hope the rest of your week isn't as crazy!

LawGirl said...

I can't handle vomit either. Like so much that teaching has never even been an option for me. I don't know how you do it.