Monday, January 25, 2010

Rollercoaster...

Just when you think everything is going well and you are feeling on top of life, it takes one small event to set you back and the emotions begin flooding in. It doesn't happen often (and for that I'm grateful) but when it does, it makes you realize that you are thankful for all the sunny days.

I promise I won't go all Debbie Downer on all of you... but I know this is an outlet for me and I often go back and check my older posts to take a walk down memory lane. I know I will do this in the coming months, so I need to chronicle my emotions.

And I need it to be known that this journey is just that, a journey. You will have up days and down days. It's when the down days become less and less frequent that you know you are making progress. I am making progress. I am going to get through this and I will have a smile on my face most of the time.

And on that note, I'm off to catch my flight. Nothing makes me happier than flying. It reminds me of my grandfather. It was his passion, something we shared and has great memories attached to it.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh no.. what happened?!?

~M~ said...

Hang in there!

Lori's Mom said...

Made me cry. But, you're right in knowing that the good days are slowly outnumbering the bad days. And Grandpa was right there with you while you were flying AND he was watching over you while the transmission light was on on your car. After all, he sold us the car! He's chuckling and saying, "It's only a car. And it's only money!" Keep on thinking positive thoughts, little one. Love ya tons!!!!

LWLH said...

Kepp your head up girl.....if you ever need to talk, we're here! :)